New Year's reflection


It has been a while since my last blog. I have been super busy with work and the family that I feel I can not sit home and start to use my computer because there is not enough time in the day to enjoy some quiet quality time with self. So here I am, done with work, done with preparing lessons and taking a few minutes to update my Mommy blog.

Us, parents need to understand that the time for self is important for you. Important because it is the only time that you can sit and reflect on what is working and what could be better.  How could we become better parents, friends, sisters, daughters, colleagues, and a better person if we do not take that time to self evaluate and reflect on life. I do have to say that life is good right now, family is healthy, friends are good, work is great, husband is fabulous, and life keeps on moving on. I realized that the people that smile the most bring a smile to people's faces. I realized that positive equals positive while negative equals negative. How do we stay positive at all times? Our mind works wonders, our mind tells us what we want to think and how we should act. Our minds tells us how, when, what and where. It can lead us to good or to bad, it can help us or destroy us depending on what we think. Us humans are not perfect, we are a living learning human being that depends on others but most important ourselves. We have to take care of our mind, our body and our soul for us to be able to nurture anyone else. We have to sit, we have to reflect, we have to care, we have to take ownership of our actions because this is who we are. We have to grow, we have to grow as individuals in every area in our lives. Our home, our work, our private life, our social life, ourselves.

After becoming a mother of two beautiful twins, I appreciate my parents even more, I appreciate and honor all single parents and appreciate the smiles, hugs and love that they give me and we give them. Life can be complicated at times, it can be busy, super busy most of the times. It can be amazing because we are still learning, growing and taking it a day at a time but again, we have to take time to sit, drink some good coffee, some good wine, some good fresh water and well it depends on what you like but we have to take some time and cherish what we have. Cherish the present, love each other, smile, hug and give more hugs because at the end of the day, what matters is the difference that we make. Was it kind? Was it good enough for you? Good enough for them? Was it natural? Too many things to balance in life but it can be done. Yes it can, yes we can, yes we will.